The Military provides training and educational opportunities for all personnel. Education and Training officers develop classes related to servicemembers’ occupations and train enlisted servicemembers in the Education and Training field as instructors. These officers also maintain quality standards for teachers and students alike.
- Develop course content, training outlines and lesson plans
- Deliver lectures
- Plan and develop instructional programs
- Train instructors in course subject matter
- Evaluate the progress of students and instructors
Useful fields of study include education, organizational development and psychology. Useful attributes include:
- Preference for working with people
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Interest in teaching
- Interest in developing educational programs
On-the-job training is provided for officers in this occupation.