Want to know more? Get up to date with the latest stories about service members and how all six branches make a positive impact every day.
All-Source Intelligence SpecialistsIntelligence, Combat and Readiness
All-source intelligence specialists work in offices on land and aboard ships, and in tents when in the field.
Average Military Salary
Intelligence specialists who specialize in all-source intelligence are specifically trained in the planning, collection, and implementation of all intelligence disciplines across the full spectrum of operations. All-source intelligence specialists consolidate imagery, signals, measurement, human, and open-source data into information to support national defense.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. All-source intelligence specialists in the Military will gain skills through classroom study and on-the-job experience. Job-specific training content may include:
- Planning imagery and geospatial data from satellite and airborne systems
- Preparing intelligence reports, maps, and charts
- Analyzing aerial, satellite, and radar imagery
- Using computer systems
- Foreign language training
- Target identification and operational patterns
- Analyzing communications information using technical references
- Ability to organize information
- Ability to think and write clearly
- Interest in gathering information and studying its meaning
- Interest in computers
Related Civilian Careers
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists