Network and Database AdministratorsCybersecurity and Information Technology
Network and database administrators in the military work in offices or at computer sites on military bases or aboard ships.
Average Military Salary
Network and database administrators develop, install, operate, and maintain the Military's computer networks and databases. They monitor system performance and make sure the appropriate personnel have access to data. They perform administrative duties including providing user support to military personnel. They also provide information security to protect the Military's computer systems against cyberattacks. Network and database administrators may work in military facilities or aboard ships and submarines.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Network and database administrators in the Military will gain skills through classroom study and on-the-job experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to understand and apply math concepts
- Interest in solving problems
- Interest in work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
Related Civilian Careers
- Information Security Analysts | Database Administrators | Network and Computer Systems Administrators | Computer, Automated Teller and Office Machine Repairers | Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment | Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks | Computer Operators | Telecommunications Engineering Specialists | First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers | Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment | Shipping, Receiving and Traffic Clerks | Computer and Information Systems Managers | Computer Network Support Specialists | Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping | Computer User Support Specialists