Power Plant OperatorsManufacturing
Power plant operators usually work indoors. They are subject to high temperatures and noise.
Average Military Salary
Power plant operators control power-generating plants on land and aboard ships and submarines. They operate boilers, turbines, nuclear reactors, and portable generators. Power plant operators are also responsible for administering, managing, and evaluating shipboard engineering programs.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Power plant operators in the Military will gain skills through classroom study and on-the-job experience.
- Interest in nuclear power
- Interest in working with large machinery
Related Civilian Careers
- Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Power Plant Operators
- Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Nuclear Equipment Operation Technicians
- Nuclear Engineers
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators