Radar and Sonar System RepairersManufacturing
Radar and sonar system repairers usually work in repair shops and laboratories on land or aboard ships.
Average Military Salary
Radar and sonar system repairers troubleshoot and repair radar and associated equipment assemblies, subassemblies, or modular and circuit elements, using test equipment to isolate and fix malfunctions. Radar and sonar system repairers in the Military monitor sophisticated equipment, typically in security-controlled areas, to ensure that the equipment utilized by service members is in perfect working order.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Job training for radar and sonar system repairers consists of classroom and on-the-job instruction, including practice in repairing radar and sonar systems.
- Ability to use tools
- Interest in solving problems
- Ability to apply electronic principles and concepts
- Interest working with electrical, electronic, and electrochemical equipment
Related Civilian Careers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Avionics Technicians
- Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers