Warehousing and Distribution SpecialistsTransportation, Distribution & Logistics
Warehousing and distribution specialists work in large general supply centers, small specialized supply rooms, or ship storerooms.
Average Military Salary
Warehousing and distribution specialists oversee the receipt, storage, documentation, transport, and quality assurance of military supplies. They conduct inventory control using automated or manual methods, and they keep detailed records of the number and condition of supplies. They perform the critical job of maintaining and safeguarding items that are important to the success of military missions and to the health and wellbeing of military personnel.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Warehousing and distribution specialists in the Military will gain skills through classroom study and on-the-job experience. Job-specific training topics relate to handling and storing stock, and may include:
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
- Preference for physical work
- Preference for work requiring attention to detail
Related Civilian Careers
- Packers and Packagers, Hand, First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers and Material Movers, Hand, Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts and Blasters, Order Fillers, Wholesale and Retail Sales, Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard, Shipping, Receiving and Traffic Clerks, Order Clerks, Procurement Clerks, Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks, Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail and Farm Products, Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products, Logistics Managers