Dental Laboratory TechniciansManufacturing
Dental laboratory technicians normally work in dental or optical laboratories and occasionally in examination and dispensing offices.
Average Military Salary
Dental laboratory technicians construct and repair dentures and other dental appliances including crowns, bridges, partial dentures, pre- and post-oral and maxillofacial surgical devices, and orthodontic appliances in a laboratory. Although dental technicians seldom work directly with patients, they provide a valued healthcare service by working with dentists to improve patient health and appearance.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Job training for dental laboratory technicians consists of classroom and on-the-job instruction, including practice with dental appliances.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and work procedures
- Ability to use precision tools and instruments
- Interest in work requiring attention to detail
- Interest in working with oneÕs hands
Related Civilian Careers
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators