Administrative Support SpecialistsBusiness Management & Administration
Administrative support specialists work in office settings, both on land and aboard ships.
Average Military Salary
Administrative support specialists are responsible for a variety of duties in the office. They make sure that information is recorded, stored, and delivered in order to keep operations running as smoothly as possible. They supervise or perform administrative, clerical, and typing duties. Theymay also be in charge of scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing any other work-related events.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Administrative support specialists in the Military will gain skills through classes and on-the-job experience.
- Ability to organize and plan
- Interest in keeping organized and accurate records
- Interest in operating computers and other office machines
- Preference for office work
Related Civilian Careers
- Retail Salespersons | Accountants | Postal Service Mail Carriers | Postal Service Clerks | Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard | Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks | First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers | Marking Clerks