Document Security SpecialistsBusiness Management & Administration
Document security specialists work in office settings, both on land and aboard ships.
Average Military Salary
Document security specialists safeguard sensitive material and arrange for delivery by courier. They provide adequate protection for material from receipt through delivery or to storage, prepare classified correspondence, and manage administrative functions and security procedures for various security programs (e.g., Special Security Program, Sensitive Compartmented Information Security Program).
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Document security specialists in the Military will gain skills through classes and on-the-job experience. Job-specific training topics may include:
- Ability to organize and plan
- Interest in keeping organized and accurate records
- Interest in operating computers and other office machines
- Preference for office work
- Reliability and discretion
Related Civilian Careers
- Office and Administrative Support Workers, All Other, Postal Service Clerks, Security Management Specialists