Want to know more? Get up to date with the latest stories about service members and how all six branches make a positive impact every day.
Sales and Stock SpecialistsMarketing
Sales and stock specialists work on land and aboard ships, in retail stores and storerooms.
Average Military Salary
Military sales and stock specialists work to manage the operation of military retail stores in order to keep stock of merchandise, record transactions and deposits, and provide military personnel with a friendly, convenient option that allows them to get their necessities on base or onboard ships without difficulty. Other duties include pricing of merchandise, accounting and bookkeeping, and making deposits of cash.
All enlisted service members complete basic military training, which includes time spent in a classroom and in the field, and covers tactical and survival skills, physical training, military life and customs, and weapons training. Sales and stock specialists in the Military will gain skills through classroom study and on-the-job experience. Job-specific training content may include:
- Stock procedures
- Recordkeeping and bookkeeping procedures
- Shipping and receiving
- Inventory management and configuration management (CMPlus)
- Property management
- Ability to use cash registers and calculators
- Interest in working with people
Related Civilian Careers
- Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Marking Clerks
- Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Postal Service Clerks
- Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks
- Retail Salespersons
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers